The Parque Tecnolóxico de Galicia S.A., Tecnópole, is the responsible institution in charge of managing a technological complex of infrastructures, spaces, resources, capacities and services open to companies, entrepreneurs and projects utilising innovation and knowledge as their tools for growth.
Tecnópole was inaugurated on the 10th of October 1992 and started developing its activities in March 1993 thanks to the efforts made by the Xunta de Galicia supported by, among others, the three Galician universities, the Ourense provincial council and the municipalities of Ourense and San Cibrao das Viñas. The Parque Tecnolóxico de Galicia S.A. is its managing institution.
Its launching derived from the need to create a reference hub in Galicia aimed at hosting, supporting and promoting highly innovative business initiatives endorsing technology, investigation and development as its core concepts.
Executive Board members
Currently, Tecnópole’s managing body –administrating Parque Tecnolóxico de Galicia, S.A. – is made up of the following institutions:
- Xunta de Galicia (50.52 %)
- Abanca Corporación Bancaria S.A. (37.34 %)
- Ourense Province Council (3.49 %)
- University of Vigo (1.80 %)
- University of Santiago (1.80 %)
- Ourense Chamber of Commerce and Industry (1.66 %)
- Ourense Council (1.66 %)
- San Cibrao das Viñas Council (0.67 %)
- Ourense Companies Confederation (0.40 %)
- General Union of Workers (UGT) (0.33 %)
- University of A Coruña (0.33 %)
You are interested in this
Why choosing Tecnópole?
Settle into the park
Our resident companies
Become a resident
Discover everything that Tecnópole can offer to help your company grow